Wednesday, October 22, 2014
I finally got the purple baby quilt top done! I ironed the rows in different directions (first row towards the right, second towards the left, 3rd towards the right...) so that I could nest the seams and it would lay flatter. When I first started sewing I couldn't figure out why my tension was all screwy and kept rethreading my machine until I finally saw that my "helper" had turned the tension dial way down. Duh!! I adjusted it and all was well. After I finished sewing my rows together I iron those seams and here is the finished product. I'm thinking no border and white binding. Normally I piece my binding with different fabrics from the quilt but I will stick with one color to tie it all together. Next step: quilting!