Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pink & Purple: Quilting


I will confess, the actual machine quilting is NOT my favorite thing. All I know how to do is "stitch in the ditch" and I'm too nervous to try stippling or anything else! I piece blocks and tops till the cows come home, but quilting is kind of the dreaded task, much like mopping the floor. I decided to do stitch in the ditch (Surprise!!) and go around the blocks on the diagonal. I used a purple thread. I also figured out the key to laying out the quilt and keeping it from getting scrunched up. I laid out my backing, then used an iron set on low to smooth it out and spread it out. Then I laid the batting on, then laid the top on and did the iron thing again. It made a huge difference!! I used safety pins to keep everything in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment